Now more than ever, all of us need to review our customer service commitments, skills, and desire to make each customer's day better for having interacted with us. As a quick review...
Telephone Etiquette www.LearnCustomerServiceOnline.com
SMILE and make everyone feel welcome.
- Answer with:
- company name
- your name
- an offer to help.
- Answer phone before 4th ring
- Strong, positive opening ... smile
- Positive voice tones
- Address customer by name
- Ask for permission, wait for response, press hold 20 seconds maximum
- If longer, ask for more time or offer to call back Back on line - apologize or thank
- Use name
- Summarize in past tense
- Reinforce positive
- Indicate next steps
- Verify all concerns addressed
- Detailed message - who, what, when, where, how, why?
- Return call? - don't promise what you can't do
Bob DeGroot, DCH
Sales Training International
Copyright 2009, Sales Training International